WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY


When three become four



I'm sitting here writing this at 15+ weeks, just days away from finding out whether baby number two is a boy or a girl, it doesn't make any difference to us what then gender is, we just have no patience and like to find out early, just like we did with Ollie. This time when we go for the scan though we wont be told, as Saturday evening we are having a gender reveal party with a few of our close family and friends, I can see those few hours (around 6 hours) in between the scan and the party are going to be very long and filled with excitement. 
Ollie would love a baby sister, although I'm not quite sure he knows exactly what that means yet being not long turned two, but whenever we ask he replies baby sister so we will see, his face lights up when he sees pictures and videos of babies but he may have a different opinion once one is brought home with us.
I can't wait to see Ollie's bond with the baby grow, its one of the things I'm most excited for, I just know that their might be a little time before that needed for the big adjustment.

Telling Daddy



Going back to about a week before I found out I was convinced that I could be pregnant, I was noticing some of the same symptoms I had with Ollie, the main one being tiredness, the husband assuming I was just being lazy, but I just had such an overwhelming feeling of being tired which only started to ease a couple of weeks ago, but even now I still get tired very quickly. As the weekend came though (im always usually due saturday/sunday) that feeling of being convinced quickly changes to doubt and your now convinced your going to come on your period and its another month of trying, but when there was nothing saturday and nothing on sunday, monday morning I just had to do a test, even just to stop my thoughts and excitement going a million miles an hour. Sure enough that test was positive and Lindon had already gone to work, now, I didn't want to ring him up, I wanted to try and make it special for him, so I waited ALL day, I mean like 10 whole hours, which felt like forever for him to get home and Lindon being Lindon is always late back. So me and Ollie set up the letter board with a little message ready for when he gets home, we sat in the window waiting for about 45 minutes (like I said always late) and once we saw his car made a dash for the kitchen, put the phone on record and waited for him to walk into the kitchen and read the message on Ollie's lap. Safe to say he was over the moon and loved the way we told him.




The Announcement




We made our announcement 10 days before Christmas publicly, so we wanted to make it a little Christmassy and I loved the idea of using mistletoe as Ollie had now learned that there was a baby in mummies tummy and that he could give the baby a kiss. Usually Ollie doesn't like to play ball when it come to taking photos but he had no problem in giving the baby lots of kisses for our announcement which was lovely, I got lots of cuddles too! Before we made our pregnancy public we visited all the mums and dads and nannas and grandads with a little gift. So we had told everyone that as an early Christmas gift we were getting them all a framed picture from the wedding, what we didn't tell them is that we were attaching the scan picture to the front so when they pulled it out they got a surprise. With this being baby number two we wanted to still get the element of surprise in there as Ollie was a complete surprise to everyone as with your first no one really knows your trying (unless you tell them of course) but with number two we had told everyone (because your constantly asked when's the next one coming) that we were going to try again after the wedding. I think we definitely managed to surprise everyone as no one expected there to be a scan in their gift bags and we had some very happy grandparents that's for sure.







Id love to hear your announcement stories, how did you do it? 



No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig