TRANSITIONAL PIECES FOR THIS A/W WITH TOPSHOP


As it gets starts to get colder, sleeves will get longer, we'll start to layer our outfits & our little denim shorts will take their place at the back of our closets until next spring summer. Some items, however, remain essential key pieces through every season, we just adjust to the weather.

Inspired by Taylor Hill, the new campaign girl for Topshop, I styled this edgey laid back rock chic with a touch of pretty girl look, incorporating transitional key pieces for a/w, I love her effortless style & will definitely be taking inspiration from her this season.




THE BLOUSE

Whether the blouse is a bardot, sleeveless, long sleeved or layered with frills, we see them all year round. All the different styles mean we can easily make our outfits weather appropriate & as we move into a/w you can expect to see them with loose fitting jeans, boots & leathers for a toughened up look. Ruffles are definitely going to be one of my favourite transitional pieces, they are everywhere at the moment, so you'll be seeing more of them over the next coming months on my blog.




THE DENIM

Denim seems to be a permanent item in our closets, through s/s we bare our tanned legs in shorts and skirts but as the a/w months approach jeans become a firm favourite, whether its loose fitted mom jeans or high waisted skinnys, we dress them to the occasion. Up until a few months ago the only jeans in my closet were skinny jeans, sometimes you just have to step outside your comfort zone & try new things as I love my new additions, it can have such a different effect on an outfit just changing the style of jeans. I owned Topshops mom jeans a few years ago & didn't think much of the fit, but I'm so glad I gave them another go, they are so flattering on the waist and add just the right amount of edginess to an outfit. 




THE BOOT


Ahhh where do I start with boots, boots are my weakness, I do go a little sandals crazy over the summer but with boots I go to another level, different colours, textures, styles, patterns, the options are endless and it may come as no surprise that I've already started on my a/w collection. Boots are a perfect transitional piece as they go perfectly with pretty much anything, ill be wearing them with my dresses until my bare legs cant take it anymore & even then the tights will be sure to make an appearance right up until its officially trouser weather.






Danielle Kimberley



2 comments

  1. Yes to it all - you look divine babe <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! I love all of the key pieces you've picked out <3

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig