GETTING INTO A ROUTINE & BEING MORE ORGANISED




As you may have noticed my blog has taken somewhat of a back seat over the past year & my poor organisation skills are definitely to blame, this time last year I went from part time to full time and I just didn't seem to master splitting my time between the two, my head went into work mode & I let everything slip. Fast forward to January this year, I took on a new role at work, that new role being my current role as a visual merchandiser at Topshop, which may I add, I absolutely love. But again this is where my poor organisational skills let me down, its not a regular 9-5, its earlys, lates, nights & everything else imaginable, so without a POA you most certainly aren't going to be getting much else done. The two days I got off I basically wanted to do absolutely nothing or catch up with my friends.


This whole time I was desperate to get my blog up and running again, but you know how it goes, always tomorrow and never today, always something clearly "more important" to do like watching the whole of the game of thrones seasons on catch up, as much as I love the series can you really say it was time well spent? Thats endless hours where really I could have been doing something much more productive.


So over the past month I finally decided to take charge of my days & it suddenly feels like theres more hours in the day, more time for me to get the things done that I would usually put off. Im actually a very goal driven person, so what better way to get myself going again than to set myself "blog goals", just small ones at first just to get the ball rolling again.

So over the past month just to help things run a bit smoother & to help me organise my day better, I added a few things into my routine.


EATING BREAKFAST

Now this might sound like such a simple thing, but I have noticed such a difference getting up an extra half an hour earlier and making time for breakfast, I start work most mornings around 6.30/7am so breakfast was the last thing on my mind, sleep won over breakfast every time, but I wasn't preparing myself for the day, I was more tired then than I am now getting up earlier & by the time I got home all I wanted to do was take a nap & we all know that 30 minute naps turns into 3 hours & a whole lotta confusion about what day/month/year were currently in, then all of a sudden the whole day is gone. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.

PREPARING LUNCHES A FEW DAYS IN ADVANCE

Not only does this save me time in the mornings but it helps me eat healthier when Im at work, before I was extremely guilty of running out of time in the morning when getting ready & just grabbing a pot noodle or a curry pot, with a packet of crisps & a chocolate bar to go with it, so basically I was having no breakfast & the first thing I was eating was a pot noodle. I read recently "fail to prepare, prepare to fail" & thats what Im sticking by, preparation is key. 

GET ALL THE SMALL JOBS DONE & OUT THE WAY AS SOON AS I GET BACK IN THE HOUSE - A TO-DO LIST

Its so easy to say "I'll just do that later" but do we ever actually do it? probably not, its another one of those "it can wait until tomorrow" situations, but that just means that the one small job you had to do on Monday has grown into a list of jobs by Friday. Write it down, do it, tick it off your to-do list & you'll feel so much better than having half a dozen things you need to do flying around your head, no doubt things are forgotten until last minute as well, that card you meant to pick up for your nans birthday which you meant to do all week, which now just happens to be today.  

PLANNING EVENING MEALS

Knowing what your cooking through out the week saves time on food shopping & it also saves time when it comes to deciding, we all know the back and forth conversation of "what do you fancy" which usually ends in a takeaway because no one can truly decide between the pizza and southern fried chicken breasts in the freezer. I now cook Lindon & myself a healthy meal each evening (I usually pop it onto my snapchat or instastories if your wondering what we eat) which means no fast food, takeaways or ready meals & we eat at a normal time, whereas when I was napping we were eating pizza and curly fries at 10pm, not good!

MAKING MORE TIME FOR MY EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE

Before I would basically sit down stairs watching tele until I was ready to drop off to sleep, that meant that my evening skincare routine was completely half hearted and rushed so I could just crawl into bed and go to sleep. Setting myself a time to be upstairs allows me to sit down and really make sure my make up is completely off & I can definitely say my skin is thanking me, having a properly cleansed and moisturised face has meant far less break outs especially in my problem areas (you can read about my skincare routine here).

CREATING A BLOGGING SCHEDULE

This is the one thing I feel I truly needed to get myself back on track, having a schedule means I have something to follow & to stick to, it also means you will know what to expect from me and when, everything will be gradual, but eventually I want everything going again, so not only my blog but hopefully my youtube as well as I really enjoyed making videos.


Do you think you would benefit from using any of these points? Is there anything you do that you feel really makes an impact on your day?

Shop the post




Danielle Kimberley


4 comments

  1. I was wondering when you were going to start blogging again as I rarely see a post when you used to post quite frequently! Glad to hear your starting to get the ball rolling again!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fashion-top-5-favourite-sunglasses.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more posts babe and I LOVE this outfit <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your job! Thank you for sharing this because it will come in useful, need to get organised asap! :)

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see more blog updates. Love what I see, those last looks are very cool ! Keep up ! :)

    http://i-think-its-today.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig