ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS BROW WIZ & DIP BROW POMADE REVIEW



Anastasia Beverly Hills is very well known for the range of incredible brow products they have, this being said I just had to try a couple of the products that I've had my eye on. 

The most recent product released is the dip brow pomade, I really wanted to try this as I like the more drawn on brow than natural as I don't really have a good brow to work with naturally. 

The websites description of the product says "Waterproof brow color ideal for sculpting, defining, and carving perfectly precise brows that won’t fade. Smudge-free, creamy formula glides on skin and adheres to hair. Must-have for oily skin and humid climates".

This product sounded like it was made for me, I myself have combination skin where I would say about 80% of my face is oily, I wanted to achieve precise brows and also not have to worry that throughout the day if I accidentally touched my brows they would smudge.

I also chose to give the brow wiz a try, I was a bit more hesitant trying this product as Ive been so used to using powder and pencils give such a different finish. I would like to try the powder eventually but this will do for now.

the websites description of the product says "Ideal for filling in sparse brows with the ultimate natural look, Anastasia’s ultra-fine pencil tip mimics the appearance of tiny hairs. The dual-ended mechanical pencil and essential Spooley Brush make creating a fuller brow look not only easy, but convenient too. The mechanical lead saves product and never needs sharpening, and the built-in spooley brush on the opposite end brushes and blends in Brow Wiz to natural brows seamlessly". 

My products arrived in a box, secure and in perfect condition.



Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown - £15 | Cult Beauty | Link

The Dipbrow pomade comes in 5 colours, blonde, auburn, dark brown, chocolate & ebony. I have medium to dark brown hair so I chose the dark brown shade after reading many reviews with swatches and also viewing different youtube reviews, I wanted to be sure I was getting the right colour for me. I assumed before seeing different swatches that chocolate would be more my shade but in fact it looked darker, so it does pay off to do your research first, whether it actually is or not I'm not sure as I don't have them both to compare but I'm really happy with my chosen shade as I think its an almost perfect match.

Pictured below is me wearing the Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown






















To apply my product I used an angled brush from CrownBrushUK Link here for £3.99 I have no complaints with this brush its been perfect for me. I immediately discovered that a little bit goes along way with this product, which I have to add I LOVE! I can see it lasting a long while, which makes it very worth the price tag. 

Now onto the actual application, the product has a very nice consistency, nice and creamy so the product goes on a dream, very easy to control, is buildable and i find although you can achieve a nice defined brow with a good harsh line with a light hand you can still if you choose to have a very natural looking brow as it doesn't clump your eyebrows together. For me this really is a brilliant product, it does exactly what I thought it would do, it doesn't smudge and wears the whole day. 

Now for the claim of it being water-proof, after swatching the product on my arm, I tried to remove it firstly with hand wash, it barely budged, then with my daily face wash, which I was then left with more of a stain on my arm, it took me to scrub at my arm with a towel for the product to be removed, so I would say yes it is most definitely waterproof.  

Now onto the Brow Wiz..
Brow Wiz in Medium Ash - £15.50 | Cult Beauty | Link here

The Brow Wiz crayon comes in 6 different shades, the websites description of the shades and what hair colour each shade would suit is as follows;

Ash Blonde – Suggested for light to dark blonde hair.
Caramel – Suggested for light brown hair with warm undertones, auburn, and strawberry blonde hair. Great for highlights.
Medium Ash – Suggested for light to medium brown and silver hair.
Soft Brown – Suggested for medium brown hair.
Brunette – Suggested for medium brown to black hair.
Ebony – Suggested for dark brown to black hair.


From this colour chart I chose medium ash as everything else seemed as though it would either be to light or to dark, I did look into possibly choosing Soft Brown but again after reading through many different reviews it became apparent that this shade comes with a hint or red to it, this being something i did not want. I may have been ok with brunette but I didn't want to risk it being to dark.

In person the shade is perfect but on camera with the halo lighting it looks to light, washing out my face a little.

Pictured below is me wearing Brow Wiz in Medium Ash


I found this pencil probably to be one of the best pencils I've used, it has a very thin end allowing precise application which you would only achieve if you sharpened a regular pencil each and every time you used it and possibly throughout application.

The application is very easy and quick, I would say that the nib is quite stiff rather than it being creamy, this again allowing a more precise application, this product from the description is to achieve natural looking brows but like I said before I like precise, which is what I went for so again it is a buildable product. The brow wiz doesn't look chalky on the skin without hairs which for me is good as many products look patchy when I try to flatten out my arch.

Next time I'm going to try out a powder just lightly on top to darken it a little bit.

Product swatches in natural lighting
L - Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown | R - Brow Wiz in Medium Ash

As you can see the colours are pretty much the same when swatched, the brow wiz took a good few goes the get a defined line as like I said the consistency is the complete opposite of the dip brow pomade.

My favourite product out of the two is 100% the dipbrow pomade, its perfect for me, this is definitely quickly becoming one of my holy grail products which I know I'm not going to be able to live without. 

After reviewing both products I would say that the brow wiz will be used for my more natural make up days and the dip brow for my heavier make up says. I do like both products but the dip brow pomade is definitely the winner for me.

Do you own any of these products? Which ones your favourite?



Lots of Loves


8 comments

  1. The brow wiz just does wonders!:)x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love anastasias products, their so good xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh i would love to try this your brows are amazing!! Your doing so well with your blog, I've just started mine back up! Look forward to your posts :)

    www.insidethesecretcloset.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Makes your eyebrows look perfect!:)

    www.hollieclairexo@blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the very detailed review gorgeous girl!
    I purchased these dip gel in that same color and now I will go purchase the pencil in the ash color.
    Did you need to use the Anastasia clear gel on top of any of these products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i love anastasia products! I swear by the brow wiz tho because i have blonde hair and find a strong brow just doesn't suit me. The application and consistency is perfect and it doesn't budge. I've looked into trying the dipbrow but seeing some peoples application of it has put me off. it may be in the cards for the future. Great post . laurensbeautybible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig