NYX BUTTER GLOSS | REVIEW & SWATCHES




For all of us in the UK it can be quite hard to decide what to choose from the NYX website as we can't try before we buy. Whenever i want to purchase NYX products I feel like I have to read a dozen reviews, looking at different swatches and opinions on the product before I can make a decision. 

Saying that, my point above is what lead me to make a post with swatches of the products as I know thats what I was searching high and low for when I wanted to make my purchase. I've made sure the pictures of my swatches are exactly as I could see it, so theres no change through the camera. 

I purchase all my NYX products from the NYX UK website | Link here

The NYX butter glosses sell for £5 on the website | Link here




The applicator

Tiramisu - a nude brown shade

Creme Brûlée - a dusky pink/nude shade

Cherry Cheese Cake - a true orange shade

Cherry Pie - a cherry red shade

Merengue - a lilac pink shade

Eclair - a light pink shade



Swatches of each shade in artificial lighting 

Swatches of each shade in natural lighting


Now onto the actual product itself, i don't find that these glosses have much colour pay of at all, each swatch of the product is with one swipe but on the lips it would need to be applied very thick to achieve a more opaque look. I do find that the glosses bleed a little and are also quite sticky. However when applied over a lipstick of a similar shade they do look lovely as it just adds that little extra touch & they are also quite long wearing. But like I say as soon as you step outside your hair will just stick to your lips with the slightest gust of wind. I did have high expectations of this gloss but it wasn't exactly what i thought it would be, that being said though I do like the glosses its just the formula that not fantastic.

Do you own any of the butter glosses? What do you think of them?

Lots of Loves


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig